These days, PAN Card is becoming an absolute necessary item in our day to day life. This is an ideal document, which you can carry as the identity proof. You require this, while travelling in train in higher classes, to book a room in a hotel, cash transaction above 50,000 in a bank or to invest in shares and what not.
Getting a PAN card is not a difficult task. Government has formulated a user friendly procedure for PAN card online application. Pancard online application is a simple process and it will not take more than 15 minutes.
For PAN Card online application, you can apply through UTI infrastructure Technologies & Services Limited (www.utitsl.co.in) or through National Securities Depository Limited (NSDL) https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pan/index.html
Step by step Process for Pan Card Online Application
The steps mentioned below are for an Indian resident individual to submit Pancard online application through NSDL.
First log into the site https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pan/index.html
- Click on the option “New PAN for Indian Citizens (Form 49A)’’
- You will reach a new window, where there will be 3 links. One is giving the Do’s and Don’ts in the application and the second one is giving the instructions on how to fill the pancard online application form. After reading these 2, you can click on the link “Online Application for New PAN (Form 49A)’’.
- In the next page again you can see a set of instructions to follow. Read them carefully and scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- There you can see “Apply for a new PAN Card’’. Here you have to select the category. If you are a resident individual, click on “Individual’’.
- Now you have reached the online application form – Form No-49(A). Please fill the form carefully, as per the instructions given.
- If you have any doubts, you may try the following link to get it clarified. You can see the instructions in English or in Hindi.https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pan/Instructions49A.html#instruct_form49A
- If you have an Aadhar number, give that information also in the format. If Aadhar is not allotted you, you may ignore those details.
- After filling up the form, you have to make payment of Rs. 96/- . You can make payment using cheque/DD favouring NSDL. Or you can make online payment using credit card/debit card or net banking.
- After making the payment, you will get an acknowledgement number. You have to take a print out of this page. Paste a recent passport size photo in it. You have to sign in the signature box in black ink. Keep a Xerox copy for your records.
- Now, you have to send this print out along with the copy of documents mentioned in the form to the address mentioned in the acknowledgement form. Please note that the form should reach them within 15 days of applying online.
Super scribe the envelope with APPLICATION FOR PAN – Acknowledgement Number – . . . . . . . and send to Income Tax PAN services Unit, National Securities Depository Limited,3rd Floor, Sapphire Chambers, Near Baner Telephone Exchange, Baner, Pune – 411 045.
Normally, you will get your PAN Card in 15 days. You can track the status of the PAN Card online by clicking the following link
Documents required for PAN Card Online Application
1. Proof of identity:
You have to submit a copy of any one of the following while submitting the PAN Card online application.
School-leaving certificate, degree certificate, credit card statement, bank account statement, passport, ration card, driving license, property tax assessment order, water bill, voter’s identity card, certificate of identification signed by a Member of Parliament or Legislative Assembly, Municipal Councillor or Gazetted Officer.
2. Proof of address
You can submit any one of the following while submitting the PAN Card online application:
Bank account statement, passport, voter’s identity card, driving license, ration card, employer’s certificate, electricity or telephone bill, property tax assessment order, rent receipt or certificate of address signed by a Member of Parliament or Legislative Assembly, Municipal Councillor or Gazetted Officer.
Hope that you are clear about the PAN card online application process. If you have any queries regarding the PAN Card online application process, please mail us.